1. Login to the portal of the Federal Tax Authority at www.tax.gov.ae with your registered user name and password.
2. Click on VAT 201 – New VAT Return option under the e-services section of the portal to initiate the VAT Return form.
3. Fill the contents of standard rated supplies from box 1a to 1g.
4. Treatment of Tax Refunds provided to Tourists
5. Supplies subject to the reverse charge provisions.
6. Zero-rated supplies, here you have to include all the supplies made under zero rated vat (“zero-rated supplies”).
7. Exempt supplies, it includes only the exempted supplies made during the period.
8. Goods imported into the UAE
9. Adjustments to goods imported into the UAE
10. Standard rated expenses
11. Supplies subject to the reverse charge provisions
12. Calculation of due tax or recoverable tax for the period
13. Step for refund of excess recoverable tax.
14. Submit the VAT Return form and you will receive a confirmation email for submission
15. Paying for VAT liability and administrative penalties.
When completing each step of the VAT Return, you must insert all amounts in AED- United Arab Emirates Dirhams to the nearest fils. Then complete all mandatory fields. Also use “0” where necessary and where there are no amounts to be declared.